Cell Lines Project v91, released 07-APR-20
COSMIC, the Catalogue Of Somatic Mutations In Cancer, is the world's largest and most comprehensive resource for exploring the impact of somatic mutations in human cancer.
Start using COSMIC by searching for a gene, cancer type, mutation, etc. below.
COSMIC is divided into several distinct projects, each presenting a separate dataset or view of our data:
The core of COSMIC, an expert-curated database of somatic mutations
Cell Lines Project
Mutation profiles of over 1,000 cell lines used in cancer research
An interactive view of cancer mutations in the context of 3D structures
Cancer Gene Census
A catalogue of genes with mutations that are causally implicated in cancer
- Gene Curation — details of our manual curation process
- Gene Fusion Curation — details of our curation process for gene fusions
- Genome Annotation — information on the annotation of genomes
- Drug Resistance — curation of mutations conferring drug resistance
- Mutational Signatures — a census of mutation signatures in cancer